Strength: In 10 mins
Find your heaviest weighted Pull Up
5 Bar Muscle Ups
10 Box Jumps (30/24)
20 OH Walking Lunges (45/25)
15 Push Presses (115/75)
25 Thrusters (95/65)
South Fork of the Salmon River! Summer in the Rockies, can’t beat it!
QUESTION: What is the best river you have rafted on?
10 Reasons why you should CrossFit!
1. Community – Whether you feel it the first time you enter the box or not you have become a member of a very powerful, supportive and resourceful community. We encourage you to be a better you, to become a stronger and more powerful version of you, both mentally and physically! CFMT is a place to train hard to leave your stresses and troubles are at the door, give yourself an hour to focus on you. A place to laugh, to share stories and to sweat!!
2. Accomplishment- We all have goals! Goals are healthy and productive but a goal without a plan is a dream! Goals might include: your first rope climb, first pull up (most common), increased strict press etc. Whatever it might be set your goal and crush it. Accomplishments happen when people aren’t watching. It happens when you come into the box and put up a band and practice your kipping pull ups or set up a med ball and wall squat to it. Just like anything in life if you want to be better at something do the work!
3. Self Confidence – An incredibly rewarding thing happens when you are consistent and dedicate yourself to a goal, your confidence goes through the roof. You walk a little taller and a little straighter, you feel better about yourself because you PR’d your clean by 20#’s! Achievements like these breed confidence and worthiness not only to you but also to our community! CFMT members take confidence in theirs and other’s achievements!
4. Body Awareness – Core strength/midline stability/ posterior strength what ever you want to call it is found in any and ALL sports. Here in Park City endurance sports are huge, you can see enthusiasts skating along 224 on the White Pine course you can see runners and bikers nearly 52 weeks a year pounding pavement and spinning their wheels. By developing core strength especially our posteriors (Erectors, Glutes and Hamstrings) this will increase your ability to sit in the saddle for longer durations. It will help you pull harder when spinning your wheels it will also help you pull the pavement under you as you run.
5. Competition – Competition is healthy period, it just is! Competition with yourself or the buddy next to you. We record our workouts for several reasons but here are the top 2 reasons. What we do is “measurable observable and repeatable,” meaning when we repeat a benchmark or even a regular WOD we write our scores down with the goal of doing more work in less time whether you did the WOD as RX or shooting to better your time or increasing the weight from where you were! Reason #2 competition with your peer’s breeds excellence! When you are neck and neck with the person beside you and you are going rep for rep you are competing/pushing each other to dig for one more rep or putting your hands back on the bar 2 seconds faster then you would otherwise. We encourage, we push we get excel!
6. Fitness – There are three major contributors to fitness as seen by CrossFit they are: the ten basic skills of CrossFit, second is based on observing varying athletic tasks and performance of those tasks and lastly the energy systems that are essential to all human movements (phosphagen, glycolytic and oxidative). CrossFit is changing perception of what strength and beauty are in the fitness world especially among women. To view “What is Fitness” click below
7. Challenge – CrossFit is physically challenging but not exclusive! We at CFMT have members who have replaced hips and knees, people in the 70’s and people in their teens. From a movement standpoint what we do in CrossFit regardless of age or ability “varies in degree not function.” As challenging as CrossFit is physically the mental portion might be the bigger challenge here. Your mind will give up long before your body will. Your ability to shut your mind off when it’s telling you to stop, its getting too heavy, take a rest or I cant’ breath will have a bigger impact on your time then your legs burning! When you tell your mind to kick rocks and get out of the way you will find your scores start to drop and drop significantly!
8. It’s Quick – On average CrossFit WOD’s (Workout Of the Day) are 8-12 minutes in duration. Meaning you are in you are out! Some WOD’s can and do last as short as 3 minutes and these are some of the toughest WOD’s we do. Some of you might think, “I can’t get a good workout in 3-5 minutes!” If you believe that then you weren’t in the gym on Saturday or you haven’t done a WOD named “Fran.” It is quick and incredibly effective!
9. Its Fun – CrossFit for many, many, many reasons gets into your blood and into every fiber of your being. You will soon start comparing your time to others, start changing your diet, hitting refresh at 9pm waiting for me to post the WOD so you can see it, read it, digest it and then stare at the ceiling when the lights are off scheming on how you are going to approach the WOD! That my friends’ means you have drank the Kool-Aid! Welcome to our cult. It’s the good kind of cult; I promise I wont make you drink some weird potion!
10. It is a Sport – CrossFit is “The sport of fitness” what we do in the box will prepare us for what we do outside of the box. CrossFit increases your GPP (General Physical Preparedness) it will allow you to tackle anything you come across with supreme confidence! Let’s go rock climbing, hiking, water or snow skiing or what ever endeavor you decide to tackle that day, and do it well. Get a group of CrossFitters talking about their “Helen” time or “Murph” time hit play and listen to these athletes talk for hours. Our sport is young but damn popular and more importantly its fun!!
See you at the box!!